I read something recently that quoted Gisele Bündchen’s twin. I immediately wondered if they swap out photo shoots, like if Gisele is too tired or feels like vacationing with Tom Brady, she just sends in Patricia to do the work. But no, turns out they are fraternal twins and don’t look that much alike. Anyway, after reading that quote, I wondered what other celebrities have twins who aren’t famous. Here are ten examples.
1. Aldo Andretti used to race, just like his famous brother Mario. He had a few bad accidents, ending with one that caused severe damage to his face and left him in a coma. He quit after that and opened his own business, Aldo Andretti Machine and Engineering Co. His son, John, inherited the Andretti racing gene and still races.
2. Roberta Clift (AKA Ethel Clift) was born just before her famous brother Montgomery.
3. Patricia Bundchen, is, of course, Gisele’s fraternal twin sister, younger by five minutes. They have four other sisters – Raquel, Rafaela, Graziela and Gabriela. Gisele has always insisted that between the two of them, her twin is hotter.
4. Wade, Alanis Morissette’s twin, probably knows who “You Oughta Know” is about. He’s 12 minutes older and Alanis says the two of them share that cool twin telepathy. She wrote the song “No Pressure Over Cappuccino” for him.
5. Loretta Williams grew up in Harlem with her twin brother, William December Williams. That’s Billy Dee, to you and me. Or Lando if you prefer, I guess.
6. Isotta Ingrid Frieda Giuliana Rossellini didn’t follow in the footsteps of her famous family – her sister Isabella is a famous actress, her mother was actress Ingrid Bergman, her father was Roberto Rossellini and her half-sister is broadcaster Pia Lindstrom. Isotta went the academic route and has a doctorate in Italian Literature from Columbia University. She’s now an adjunct professor at New York University. She has also taught at Princeton and Harvard. That’s one talented family!
7. I wonder if Hunter Johansson and Ryan Reynolds get along? Hunter is younger than Scarlett by three minutes and worked as a campaign organizer for Barack Obama. People named him one of their “Single and Sexy Men of 2008,” so apparently he shares Scarlett’s good looks.
8. Jana Elway was John Elway’s twin sister, younger by 11 minutes. Sadly, she died of lung cancer in 2002.
9. Harriet Davis was studying acting while her sister Ann was pre-med at the University of Michigan. Then Ann saw her brother in Oklahoma and decided acting would be fun and switched her major. Who knows, maybe Harriet Davis would have been better suited to play Alice on The Brady Bunch!
10. Corey Howard works for AT&T, but unless he’s CEO, his Philadelphia Phillies brother Ryan Howard has probably got him bested in salary.
The History of “It” Girls (And Their Predictable Downfalls)
4 Presidential In-Laws Who Made the Move to Washington
7 Historic (and Seriously Unhealthy) Beauty Practices
10 Ruthless Rock Managers
What Happens If We Run Out Of Seeds?
Looking for smart gift ideas? Head over to the mental_floss store and check out our t-shirts, books, magazine subscriptions and more.