It’s gotten somewhat normal to crave weird combos like pickles and ice cream, but sometimes moms-to-be crave minerals like talc (reports of ladies noshing on talcum powder are apparently not uncommon). The results of a recent survey conducted by Gurgle.com reveal 10 of the most common strange pregnancy cravings. And as a bonus, we've included a second list of celebrity cravings.
7. Laundry Soap
Other strange cravings that didn’t quite break the top ten include bricks, newspapers and raw sausages.
Here’s a bonus list for you today: celebrity cravings.
1. Britney Spears – reportedly craved dirt.
2. Victoria Beckham – smoked salmon.
3. Tina Fey – Entemann’s mini chocolate donuts.
4. Minnie Driver – olives. She didn’t specify whether she had a preference as to green or black.
5. Jennifer Lopez – salsa, M&Ms and orange soda.
6. Angelina Jolie – Reese’s Pieces.
7. Madonna – poached eggs.
8. Rebecca Romijn – lemonade and soy cream cheese.
9. Gwen Stefani – Tabasco. OK magazine said she carried a little bottle of Tabasco around in her purse during her pregnancy and used it on everything.
10. Katie Holmes – cupcakes.
More from mental_floss…